We’re nominating six collaborations published by Broadsided Press for the annual Pushcart Prizes. We’re not sure what this venerable literary anthology will do with our collaborative approach and innovative publishing model, but we hope they will agree with us that these broadsides offer voices and visions that are vital and deserving of high praise.
Choosing is difficult, because we fall in love with everything we publish, and we are very selective. The editors went back over the broadsides from the past twelve months to see what, now, at this very moment, resonates most vividly.
Now, we are proud to announce the Broadsided Press 2020 Pushcart Prize nominees!
- “Glitter Factory,” poem by Kathleen Winter, art by Sarah Van Sanden
- “The Complicated Thing,” poem by Brian Clifton, art by Janice Redman
- “Sickness,” poem by Jennifer Perrine, art by Michele L’Heureux
- “Timid as Any Herd Animal,” poem by Derek Sheffield, art by Douglas Culhane
- “Tádídíín Bizaad” / “The Language of Corn Pollen,” poem by Manny Loley, art by MJ Levy Dickson
- “Fat Girl Triolet,” poem by Stephanie Rogers, art by Millian Giang Pham (link coming soon!)