We are so proud to nominate six collaborations (how can we choose just six?!) published by Broadsided Press for the annual Pushcart Prizes. We’re not sure what this venerable literary anthology will do with our collaborative approach and innovative publishing model, but we hope they will agree with us that these broadsides offer voices and visions that are vital and deserving of high praise.
Choosing is difficult, because we fall in love with everything we publish, and we are very selective. The editors went back over the broadsides from the past twelve months to see what, now, at this very moment, resonates most vividly.
Now, we are proud to announce the Broadsided Press 2021 Pushcart Prize nominees!
- “Monster Theory,” W. Todd Kaneko and Jennifer Moses
- “Outbuildings,” Dargie Anderson and Kate Baird
- “Daughter,” Jennifer Barber and Michele L’Heureux
- “Rolling Around I Fall Off the Earth,” Wheeler Light and Bailey Bob Bailey
- “Como Una Vela,” Michelle Moncayo and Meghan Keane
- “Fossil Record: Smilodon,” Brittney Corrigan and Michele L’Heureux
Thank you to ALL who trusted us with your work. What you have offered has expanded. Has morphed and grown. And we hope that those reading beyond this realm recognize the power of what you’ve made. We surely do.