2022 Pushcart Prize Nominations
We are so proud to nominate six collaborations (how can we choose just six?!) published by Broadsided Press for the annual Pushcart Prizes. We’re not sure what this venerable literary anthology will do with our collaborative approach and innovative publishing vision, but we hope they will agree with us that these broadsides are vital and deserving of high praise.
Choosing is difficult, because we fall in love with everything we publish, and we are very selective. The editors went back over the broadsides from the past twelve months to see what, now, at this very moment, resonates most vividly.
Now, we are proud to announce the Broadsided Press 2022 Pushcart Prize nominees!
- “Obituary” – poem by JohnBonanni, art by Michele L’Heureux
- “Miscarriage” – poem by Tyler Mills, art by Stacy Isenbarger
- “The Road to Rehab is Paved” – poem by Adele Elise Williams, art by JoAnne McFarland
- “Feast of Banana Spiders, Starlight, and Roadkill” – poem by Alison Peligren, art by Millian Pham Lien Giang
- “Ultrasound” – poem by Liza Katz Duncan, art by Regin Igloria
- “𐓊𐓣𐓧𐓟 / Family” – poem by Ruby Hansen Murray, art by Amy Meissner
Thank you to ALL who trusted us with your work. What you have offered has expanded. Has morphed and grown. And we hope that those reading beyond this realm recognize the power of what you’ve made. We surely do.