To celebrate the publication of our anthology, Broadsided Press: Fifteen Years of Poetic and Artistic Collaborations, 2005-2020, we are planning some events. We hope to see you there, in person or virtually.
- Provincetown Literary Festival, September 16 – 18. On Sunday, Editor Elizabeth Bradfield will be in conversation with writer Ben Shattuck, author of Six Walks and poet Rio Cortez, author of Golden Ax. We’ll talk poems, images, engagement, wandering.
- Schoolhouse Gallery, Saturday, October 8, 5 – 7 pm: Provincetown Arts Press book event Broadsided Press (Elizabeth Bradfield), Our Provincetown (Barbara Cohen), Building Provincetown (David Dunlop).
- Dodge Poetry Festival, October 20 – 22: Dodge! Editor Elizabeth Bradfield will be sharing readings and conversations. We hope to see you there!
- August 27, Saturday, 7 pm, Moscow Contemporary, 414 S Main St, Moscow, Idaho: an event sponsored by High Desert Journal. Broadsided editor Alexandra Teague will be in conversation with Michael McGriff, Stacy Isenbarger, CMarie Fuhrman, Nance Van Winckel, and Stacy Boe Miller. Join a reading and discussion of creation, collaboration, and the celebration of working together. Free and open to the public!
- August 7 – 12 at the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, editor Elizabeth Bradfield is leading a workshop during the eco-writing focused session. Her artist talk will be Tuesday, August 9, with Bert Yarborough (free and open to the public).
- July 6, Wednesday, 4 – 6 pm, Provincetown Art Association and Museum front lawn, 460 Commercial Street, Provincetown, Massachusetts: Anthology reading/signing with Barbara Cohen (whose Our Provincetown was published by Provincetown Arts Press in 2021).
- July 7, Thursday, 4 – 7 pm, Provincetown Commons, 46 Bradford Street, Provincetown, Massachusetts: Anthology reading/signing with Barbara Cohen (whose Our Provincetown was published by Provincetown Arts Press in 2021).
- June 4, Saturday, all day! Orcas Island Literary Festival (oilf.org) Book Fair! Orcas Center Madrona Room, 917 Mt. Baker Road, Eastsound WA 98245. Please stop by if you have treated yourself to time on Orcas Island, in Washington State’s San Juan Islands. Three days of panels, readings and events that highlight the vibrant literary culture of the Pacific Northwest and beyond. We’ll be giving away broadsides, selling anthologies, and celebrating the vibrancy of this convergence!
- June 4, Saturday, 5 – 7 pm, FARM Project Gallery, Wellfleet, MA. Anthology launch party, installation, discussion, reception. Broadsided editors Elizabeth Bradfield and Miller Oberman will host a conversation with artists Janice Redman, Bailey Bob Bailey, Michele L’Heureux, and Douglas Culhane. Anthologies will be available for sale, and broadsides will be on display. Free and open to the public.
- April 4, 12:30 Eastern: The New School, Craft Lesson Lunches Series. Zoom. Missed it? We recorded it! You can watch a video of this conversation between editors Miller Oberman, Elizabeth Bradfield, and Alexandra Teague on our Broadsided YouTube Channel.
- March 24, 2022, 6:30 pm Eastern, Offsite/Online Celebratory Reading with Broadsided Press and the Fine Arts Work Center. Broadsided Anthology Poets Michelle Moncayo, W. Todd Kaneko, Traci Brimhall, Philip Metres, Christina Olson, and Gibson Fay-LeBlanc. WITH Fine Arts Work Center Poets Rebecca Gayle Howell, Joanne Dugan, Kirun Kapur, Joshua Rivkin, Patricia Spears Jones, and Jennifer Jean
- March 24, 2022, AWP Panel/Presentation, 3:20 – 4:45, Room 120C, Pennsylvania Convention Center, 100 Level: “Broadsided Press: Celebrating Fifteen Years of Poetic and Artistic Collaboration” – Jennifer Perrine, John Nieves, Luiza Flynn-Goodlett, and Margaret Noodin will read/show their own broadsides and others. Broadsides-for-Panel.
- March 24 – 26, 2022: We’ll be sharing a table at the AWP Book Fair in Philadelphia with Provincetown Arts, and we’ll have copies hot off the presses! We’re at table #1341. We’d love to say hello and stamp your Book Fair passport with our satisfyingly CaThunk-y stamp. Saturday it’s open to all.