It has finally happened. Thank you for your patience and support. Here we are!
A few things:
- We’ve streamlined our navigation — no published piece has been lost, but you might find it by a different route.
- Teach is the newest section of Broadsided Press. We know many people are using broadsides with students — either as tools of social art activism, lessons in creative writing, or visual art prompts. Over time, we’ll add in more lesson plans from you. Have a plan? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s start a conversation.
- Broadsided Responses: When we launched our first “Responses” feature in 2011, we had no idea it would become a regular feature — but it feels absolutely right. We wanted to highlight this important way that writing and art engage with the world, so we moved this feature to the foreground.
- Browse Broadsides: Finally! You can browse by author, artist, topic, or publication date. We’ll continue to refine our groupings over time, but enjoy the archives.
- Newsletter: Sign up! You can click the little envelope icon on the top right of every page… if you have been getting our old newsletter, you’ll still need to subscribe to the new one. We’re sorry for the inconvenience, but hopefully this will be an improved experience for all of you. Make sure you look for us and move us out of your Spam/Promotions folders!
More as more develops — and again, thank you. Welcome. We look forward to another decade of bringing you vital collaborations that can help you shift the conversation on the streets of your communities.
And, for those who dabble in nostalgia or want to trace origins, below is a screen capture of the site that held us from 2005 to 2017.